Thursday, March 31, 2011

God's Creation and Photography

              After every day that God created this earth, he saw that it was good. When He created us, it was for His glory and it was all for Him, but do you ever wonder why He saw that it was good? Who it was good for? A friend of mine told me it was for me. God created this perfect world that caters to us daily for us. He wanted it to be perfect for us to live in. He wanted the sun to be a perfect distance away so we won’t burn or freeze to death. He thought of us as he made this universe. God is so sweet.
                As I look into photojournalism more and more, I become more passionate about everything God has created. I used to take things for granted all the time and let the little moment slip by like it was nothing. Through taking photos and experimenting with what I can do, God had truly shown me the beauty of Himself. His glory and face shines through every beautiful living thing on this planet.
                There is something about being able to convey a message through photos that can’t be done any other way. When we grab a newspaper, do our eyes look to the story first, or the photo? I'm sure the photo will catch our attention first. A photo needs to be able to capture the attention of the reader and tell a story on its own. An amazing war photographer and star of the documentary “The War Photographer,” James Nachtwey said, “We must look at it. We’re required to look at it. We’re required to do what we can about it. If we don’t, who will?” This is exactly what I want to portray in my photos. Things that people need to see to believe. Things the world are neglecting and ignoring because it's not happening in America. We as believers need to get the word out, and to show the corruption the enemy brings.
                I can’t wait to start my journey in being a photojournalist whether it be wedding photographer, or a war photographer, because I know God will be pleased and glorified by my photos of his creation. 

1 comment:

  1. Deborah,
    You are such a gifted journalist and photojournalist! This is a well-written article that could be published as is in several publications. It is so beautifully written and your choice of photos are fantastic too. Please keep blogging and sharing. You have a bright future ahead of you. I know a few photographers, so let me know how I can be of some help to you. I have friends who shoot for LA Times, People, fashion and red-carpets...just let me know.

    All My Best,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete