Tuesday, March 15, 2011

FEEL: March 15th, 2011 @ 10:37am

At this very moment I feel exhausted from sleeping at 3am, but I can't complain because I but that on myself. I am extremely hungry and am thinking about buying a banana at common grounds. After being awake for an hour and a half, I am still surprised that I am awake and made it to my 9am class. I am slightly cranky and don’t feel like interacting with people. Nevertheless God provided such a beautiful day and I am thankful.
When I try to smell, it hurts, and all I feel are boogers clogging the airway to the world. I am still in the process of healing from a cold I had for 2 weeks, so I am still congested. I hear conversations and laughter as I sit by the Fluor Fountain. The sound of the water coming down from each step of the fountain is soothing. No wonder there are a lot of people here studying and reading. I feel the cool, slight, breeze in the air as well as the gleaming sunlight. I see one small bird on a tree that is barely there. Sadly, reminding me of the tsunami in Japan and their coast barely being there.
I love my school, and suddenly got an overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards God’s grace and love for me. This is where I am meant to be. I am so blessed to be here.

           At the table next to me, there was a Hispanic man next to me named Brian Alvarez. After telling him how I felt, he responded with “wow” and simply agreed with everything I said. It turns out we both had the same midterm yesterday and were both relieved. He agreed with what I said about the fountain and how soothing it is, which was why he was there. Alvarez also said there was this sense of a “weird peace,” having finished that midterm. I really liked what he said, because it reflected on how hectic we can be. Sometimes we forget the peace and rest we get from God because we are too busy with the things of this world that we experience “weird peace.” I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment