Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gawker: Craiglist Scandal causes Congressman Chris Lee to resigns

I think he took it more seriously than it really was. He resigned after 3 small hours of those pictures being released in public. I think he might regret that decision after thinking long and hard about his job and his family. It wasn't as serious as having a physical affair with the woman. They exchanged a few e-mails along with his shirtless photo. I think the situation could have been handled in a different way. This just shows that the congressman is human and one of us. He is broken and sinful just like the rest of this world, giving the more relatable vote when it comes to law being passed. In his statement for his release, he says, "I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness." He is genuinely sorry and i think he didn't have to take such serious action to prove that he was.

As for the woman on craigslist that was involved, I find her sickening. In the interview she gave with gawker.com, she sounded like such an inconsiderate person. She just wanted her 15 minutes of fame, so she decided to release photos and emails of those things. The answers to the questions that she gives makes all of this seem like "no big deal" to her, and she talks like she wasn't involved with any of this. I think she needs a reality check and come to terms with the fact that this was done by 2 people, not just the congressman.

No comments:

Post a Comment